Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

MY MEDIA AUTOBIOGRAPHY

UNEDITED SAMPLE FEATURE ARTICLE
By Jezel Christine Nolasco Quevada
IV-Madame Marie Curie

“I’ve always wanted to bring out the best in me in all the things I do.”

It was late in the afternoon of the 23rd day of October, 1991 when an innocent, smiling little girl was given by God to bring joy to the world to Mr. Jesusito Dator Quevada and Mrs. Ma. Elisa Nolasco Quevada. Before this earthling came into existence, her parents actually expected a son instead of her, a daughter. If you happen to ask who that “innocent, smiling earthling” is…She’s none other than I.

Ever since then, I became very inquisitive. I ask too many questions about my surroundings. I even asked unanswerable questions like “What is God’s surname? Where are his tickles? Does He sleep? Does he hear every prayer of every people”, very childish, right? But isn’t it that we would hear people say, “When a child asks questions most of the time, she’ll certainly be an Einstein of her generation.

Just like every child, I was exposed to that “entertainment box” at a young age BUT do you believe I detest watching television shows? Instead, I focused my attention to commercials which I apply to make pa-cute to my parents. The main cause why I loathe on TV shows, I guess, is because I got used to “media teachings”. During those times, we used to own a VHS player wherein I watch Psalty and Barney teach through adorable songs. I grew up getting unused to watching the “entertainment box” mainly because my parents instill in us (with my siblings) the value of discipline. Until now, I only choose which show to sit in and I usually watch during my free time and vacation.

I am also a product of bedtime stories especially stories about princesses for I have dreamt of being a princess someday. When I was a toddler, I get excited to prepare myself for bed because I know another magical story is ahead. I despise the appearance of antagonists who ruin the flow of the story that’s why I usually scream, “Ma! No, no, no!” to hinder the coming of the terrifying scenario. From this experience, I learned that there’s some things in life you really can’t change no matter how hard you try to stop it. We have to face the fact that we, people, are just mere actors of Our Director’s (God) story.

Years passed by and I entered elementary. From here, I learned the fundamentals of education. I learned all about the newspaper and its uses. Unfortunately, I didn’t get interested in reading it. I only love the entertainment section where comic strips are located. I enjoy laughing to its humorous stories and take pleasure on its colored illustrations. Normally, history teachers require their students to read the newspaper for current events and be able to report it in class. This made me aware that newspapers aren’t just pieces of black and white. It’s very important to the human culture to help them be guided of what’s happening around.

Through my learning process, I have also been a witness of the evolution and development of technology. I was one of those students who are acquiring the methods and principles of computer. I have loved attending to Computer Classes. It has given me an ear to the ground towards globalization, like the Internet. Internet helped me through my sleepless nights. It has been the coffee of my brain-wracking lessons and activities. I has also liberated me from the clutches of ignorance.

Then high school came wherein I struggled through thick and thin. I’ve always wanted to bring out the best in me in all the things I do. I know that everything is possible when you believe you can and as long as you give your best shot. When I entered this stage, I again started from scratch. I’ve been so pessimistic and forgot to look for my silver lining. I almost got lost, but luckily, I heard voices which enlightened me. My family and friends inspired me to stand and continue to fight. By prayers, hard work and dedication in achieving my goals, I was able to make it happen.

I now got used to my school’s environment. Now that I’m a teen, cellular phone has become a necessity to be able to catch with the fast changing pace of technology. I remembered way back when I was in fourth grade, I got my first cellular phone but carelessness took it away from me. My mother gave me a second chance and surprised me with a better phone which I took care for. It was so long when the cruelty of men included me to its victims. My cellular phone was stolen. Luckily, the robber had a change of heart and I was able to recover my phone. That phone was able to lasts for four years that’s why my dad challenged me that if I would excel in school, he’ll give me a present. With much zeal and determination, I was able to do great. In fact, I was able to make it to the top! As an incentive, my dad gave me a more sophisticated cellular phone. Rewarding, huh?

Let us face the reality that we, as youths, have just started our lives. There are still big oceans that have to be explored. We still need to discover things that will surely add up to our well-being, things that may help, things that may not. I still need to learn from life’s greatest teacher, experiences. I know I still need to face lots of challenges but I'm not afraid of facing it for I know that God is always with me just like what He said in Jeremiah 29:11, “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” I, if compared to Journalism, is just an alphabet. I still have lots of space for improvement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe that Jezel Christine Nolasco Queveda from IV-Madame Marie Curie wrote the best Media Autobiography because she clearly stated her own experiences and exposure to media at an early age. Also, she constructed her autobiography well. Thumbs up!