Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Friday, February 26, 2010

WHAT'S IN A ROSE

“A rose by any other name would smell as sweet”. – William Shakespeare in Romeo and Juliet (1594).


The following are the different meanings attached to a rose by any other color or number.


COLOR

Red roses mean “I love you,” and they are the undisputed symbol of burning passion and romantic affection.

White roses represent purity, respect, and innocence, and they are the best options for fathers who want to give something to their daughters.

Yellow roses mean remember me, welcome back, and congratulations, and they represent new beginnings and good friendships. However, yellow roses also represent jealousy.

Lilac or lavender roses speak of love at first sight.

Orange roses symbolize desire, fascination, and enthusiasm, and they mean “I would like to get to know you better.”

Pink and peach roses mean “Thank you.”

Blue roses are for secret admirers.


NUMBER

One red rose means “I still love you” or love at first sight, while one rose in any color means “Thank you.”

Two roses mean “The feeling is mutual.”

Three roses mean “I love you.”

Seven roses mean “I’m infatuated with you.”

Nine roses mean “We will be together forever.”

Ten roses mean “You are perfect.”

Eleven rose mean “You are my treasured one.”

Twelve roses or one dozen roses mean “Be mine.”

Thirteen roses mean “Best Friend forever!

Fifteen roses mean “I’m really sorry.”

Twenty roses mean “I’m sincere toward my feelings for you.”

Twenty-one roses mean “I’m dedicated to you.”

Twenty-four roses or two dozen roses mean “I’m yours forever.”

Twenty-five roses mean “Congratulations.”

Fifty roses show unconditional love.

Ninety-nine roses mean “I will love you all the days of my life.”

One-hundred eight roses mean “Will you marry me?”

Nine hundred ninety-nine roses mean “I will love you forever, until the end of time.”

(Based From Angela V. Ignacio’s Everything’s Coming Up Roses)

No comments: