Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

PARSING ACTIVITY NO. 4



DIRECTION: Mark all adjectives and adverbs,
green and yellow, respectively. Right answers minus wrong answers.

My Twin Sister 1
By Maricel L Bejar


START HERE


It is a fine Saturday morning, a perfect day for biking and rollerblading. I cannot believe that my twin sister would rather stay at home than breathe the fresh air out here. I wonder how far she has gotten in the dictionary or if she is still trying to finish her third puzzle book. It is not that I have anything against her, but sometimes, I wonder if she is really my twin sister or an alien sent here on earth. In short, she is someone who is really different from any normal person, or, at least, from me.

Most people would say that twins should be the same in thinking and in doing things. While it is true that sometimes we utter the same words at the same time, we disagree on many things. She sleeps at midnight, wakes up at three o’clock in the morning, and still complains that her time is not more than enough to finish everything. I believe that one must get to bed on time to have enough rest and to have the energy for the next day. However, it could mean doing unfinished homework. She aces examinations without opening her books, or at least, at home, she never did. I study hard before examinations to assure myself of perfect scores. I like wearing flared pants, glittery skirts, cute platforms, and sleeveless shirts. Her closet may be filled with stylish tops, but she never wears them. Instead, she sticks to her baggy pants and loose shirts. It is an advantage to have her around because I could borrow some of her clothes, without worrying of having to wear the same set of clothes on the same week. She also never runs out of excuses when she covers for me, and I always think I am an expert in sneaking. And, when she is in the mood, she helps me out with my math. I learned from her how to stretch my allowance to avoid being broke. We also have our share of quarrels. We argue about little things like who gets to use the computer first or whose turn it is to clean the table and to wash the dishes. There are times when she gets pissed off, she could tattletale and, sometimes, could even blackmail me. And, at our young age, she could pass for the ultimate nagger. She probably was born with a built-in megaphone in her throat. When she annoys me, I ignore her completely. She really hates it when I do that, and that is why I exactly do it. Did I mention that she is a nerd sometimes? She is addicted to Minesweeper, and she could spend three hours breaking a record she had just set 12 hours ago.

But, who cares how funny she looks when she opens her mouth unconsciously when she is concentrating? Or how hard she tries to sing in tune? Or why has she never been satisfied with her haircut? Well, some people do, but I do not. All I care is that she has helped me in shaping the person that I am today, that there is no need for us to say sorry to make up, that it does not matter how many times we have fallen as long as we have each other, that our differences do not bother us, and that I have her.

No comments: